Monday, August 23, 2010

First day! Aren't you excited?

Hello everyone! Welcome to ART 180: Introduction to computer graphics! In this class, you will learn the fundamentals of Adobe© products: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You will be creating a wide variety of projects that are designed to give you the vocabulary and technical skills needed to prepare yourself for other follow-up courses in this program. It is your goal to start building an understanding of computer graphics, as well as learning about the world of graphic design.


Before we go too far, I'd like you to take a minute to do the following things:


1) Take a moment to fill out the BUAD Curriculum Student Registration:


2) Send me an email from your primary email account so that I may add you to the course mailing list. Occasionally I will need to get in touch with you via email and would like you to send me an email from your preferred email account. You can email me any time at: tjthemaxx (AT) cox.net


3) Remember to check this blog often for assignments. All assignments will be posted here. Please come to class prepared to do the work I'll be asking of you. It may be necessary for me to cancel class on occasion. I will post the cancellation on this blog when that happens. Please do your best to check the blog before coming to class to see if there are cancellations, or special requests for class.



If you have any questions about DCC's fall schedule, you can find that information here: http://www.dcc.vccs.edu/Academics/Schedules/Fall10/CalendarFall10.htm


Thanks for doing all this boring stuff for me! I am looking forward to a great semester with all of you!


T.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment