Sunday, November 28, 2010

11-29-10 Holiday Cards

Your final project for this class is something I hope to see amazing things from. It is going to look like an easy, quick project, but I want you to dig deep into your creative bag of tricks and dazzle me! The final project is a HOLIDAY CARD. It is something all of your parents, friends, family, etc. will appreciate and it will say something about you as a designer. But you know me. There are always lots of rules:

• You can NOT use the colors green or red.
• You can NOT use holiday clip art of any kinds (photos or vectors.)
• You can NOT simply draw (no live-trace, either) holiday stuff and slap it on the card.
• If you want a Christmas tree on the card, you'd better have a REAL creative way to show it.
• Typography must play a large role in the design of your card.
• You can NOT use the colors green or red. I know I put this in here twice. I really mean it!

You will use InDesign to lay out this card.
Finished size will be 4.25x6 when folded.
Your document size should be 8.5 inches wide by 6 inches tall. You will need TWO pages.
If you are using Photoshop for your images, make sure your files are 300ppi at actual size.
You must design at least the front of the card and one inside panel (like most greeting cards.)

These will be due by the end of the last class on Monday, December 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment