Monday, September 27, 2010

9-27-10 Make yourself into a Na'vi

First, I need to address the fact that I will be unable to make it to class this evening. However, Ben and Tina have assured me that the Earp Lab will be OPEN for you to use during our regularly scheduled class time. So, I figured I would let you use this time to start practicing for our next assignment. As I told you last week, we will be photoshopping yourself into a blue-skinned na'vi from the movie Avatar.

As your homework required, you should have brought a photograph of yourself with you to class. If you need to scan a photo, scanners are available in class to do so. Since I can't be there to give you a tutorial lesson on this fun photoshop lesson, I've found you some YouTube videos that will allow you to follow along. Watch all four of these and feel free to practice learning the techniques needed to complete this project. Don't worry about having your na'vi transformation done by next class, as I will help you complete them when I return next week. Also, don't get overwhelmed with the details. These tutorials get pretty in-depth with photo retouching and it may go over your head. Don't worry! I basically just want you to get acquainted with some of photoshop's tools like the liquify filter (it's a FUN tool!) and changing colors using the hue/saturation adjustments. Go through all four of the tutorials, they are only 10 minutes each, and start playing with your photos.

When I return next week, we will have our QUIZ (so keep studying - an extra week means no excuses for bad grades!) and then work on our na'vi projects in class. I'm really sorry I have to miss tonight, but use your time wisely and I'll see you next week.

YouTube tutorials for photoshopping yourself into a Na'vi:


There are plenty of other tutorials on transforming yourself into a na'vi on YouTube, so after you watch these four videos, watch some of the others to see different techniques.


No comments:

Post a Comment